Any male who has traced his family tree back to a point of having an ancestor who supported the cause of American Independence during the years 1774-1783.
The Mullins family has qualified the following 6 ancestors for the D.C. Society of the Sons of the American Revolution:
- John Hawkins – Commissary for Virginia, Continental Army, 1778
- Rev. Thomas Mullins – Continental Army, North Carolina, 1782
- Col. George Walker – Major, Prince Edward Militia 1777; Lt. Colonel, Prince Edward Militia 1778; Colonel, Prince Edward Militia 1781
- Richard Wyatt – Provided material support to the American Revolution
- Capt. John Holcombe – Captain, 4th Regiment, Continental Army, 1777, suffered thigh wound at the Battle of Germantown PA on 4 Oct 1777; Colonel, Virginia Militia 1781; Burgess, 1782
- Philomene Holcombe – Elected one of 21 members of the Prince Edward VA Committee of Safety, Nov Court 1775; Justice, Prince Edward County VA, swore oath of loyalty to the Commonwealth of Virginia, 15 Jul 1776