Daniel Gilman Willson (1841-1909) was the son of John Willson (1802-1888) and Anne McEwen (1812-1867). Evidence:
- Marriage record for Daniel G. Willson lists parents' names1. Daniel married Catherine McKinlay, daughter of Duncan McKinlay, who immigrated to Canada from Scotland, where he was born on the Anie in Callander, Perthshire, Scotland.
- Death record, Daniel Gilman Willson, 10 May 1909, shows birth date 7 Sep 1841, and lists parents' names2.
- The 1861 census3 shows John & Anne Willson living with Daniel G. Willson age 20.
- The will of John Willson states, "I give devise and bequeath unto my son Daniel Gilman Willson…".
Daniel Gilman Willson, father of Annie Willson
Annie Willson (1870-1949) was the daughter of Daniel Gilman Willson (1841-1909) and Catherine McKinlay (1846-1923). Evidence:
- Birth certificate for Annie Willson shows her parents' names, date of birth 7 Nov 18705.
- Death certificate for Annie Willson6, 11 Jun 1949 in Maryland, lists her parents' names.
- The 1871 census7 shows Daniel G. Willson family starting on line 14, with Annie age 4
1Kent County, Canada Schedule B Marriages, General No. 740, Daniel Gilman Willson & Catherine McKinlay, 3 Nov 1869
2Canada, Kent County Death Registry, page 139. Daniel Gilman Willson, 10 May 1909
3Daniel G. Willson family. 1861 Census Canada West, Kent County, Howard Township, line 19
4Will, John Willson. Registry Office, Kent, 27 Nov 1889
5Annie Willson, birth certificate, Ontario, Kent County, Howard Township, 7 Nov 1870
6Annie Willson, death certificate, State of Maryland, 11 Jun 1949. Maryland State Department of Health
7Daniel Gilman Willson family. 1871 Census: Canada, Kent, Howard, line 14